Thanks for the suggestions but I am doing it correctly. I reinstalled
Director and Windows. (Took hours!). I verified I had the following xtras in
my xtras Folder

in Xtras Folder: Net Support
Files: INetURL.x32, NetFile.x32, NetLingo.x32

I made a simple button and attached this lingo to it:

on mouseUp
   goToNetPage "http://www.macromedia.com"
end

I also tried the built in behavior in Director.

I also tried this (copying from a suggestion)

on mouseUp
   goToNetPage("http://www.macromedia.com")
end

None of them did a thing.

Now I did trick it to work by copying the url to a file (I called it
"test.url")
Then I wrote this:

on mouseUp
   open the moviePath & "test.url" with browserName()
end

It opens the browser and the file but Windows asks if I want to save it to
disk or open this file from its current location. Its another step for the
user and I know the lingo should work. I'm using Windows 95 and Internet
Explorer.

Do I have to update the Xtras? Do I have to throw the computer out the window?

Thanks.

Greg Lippert
Studio North Creative
44 Evelyn Street