At 8:30 PM +0400 2/6/01, gopinath wrote:
>A project requires to processes records that can fit into an English
>Dictionary.
>I thought of V12 a friend suggested Data Grip
>The search is going to be many to many.
>(totally random)
>"the data base will be searched on several parameters"
>Development on a Mc but used cross platform

I am currently using V12 on a cross-platform project - and it does
the job very nicely.

I currently have 10 different "tables" defined inside a single
database file.  One of these tables is a glossary (in effect, a
dictionary of selected words).  You can search a table on many
different criteria.  I am very impressed by it's speed and I
recommend it highly.

Irv
--
Lingo / Director / Shockwave development for all occasions.

        (Over two millions lines of Lingo code served!)