Brennan,

> It also gets executed twice (first time 'silently') when you
> drop it on
> a sprite. This only matters if you put code in there which
> you expect to
> be called once, such as a call to fileIO's displayOpen().

That explains a lot...

I tried using fileIo when I was just getting started with the gpdl, and had
exactly the same problems as you're describing. Which got me to try
fileXtra's DirectoryToList (see my last post), and I haven't tried a
displayOpen dialogue since (btw, I couldn't use if not the currentSpriteNum,
because I needed it to be attached to both frame and sprite). I'll look
forward to checking out your articles on DOUG.

Karina