At 5:49 PM +0000 2/8/01, N. Taylor wrote:
>This is the only script I could attach to my button that didn't
>bring about errors.
>
>However, the script still only counts to two (on the first mouseUp)
>& doesn't go past that.
>
>Again, I'm trying to get it to count to 10 and return to 1 on the
>mouseUp that would be 11.
>
>-nt
>

>property pNum
>
>on beginSprite me
>  pNum = the value of field "spriteCountField"
>  put "1" into member "spriteCountField"
>end
>
>on mouseUp me
>  if pNum > 10 then
>    put "1" into field "spriteCountField"
>  else
>    put pNum + 1 into member "spriteCountField"
>  end if
>end

Here's what I would do:

property spriteNum
property pNum
property pMyMember

on beginSprite
   pMyMember = sprite(spriteNum).member
   pNum = 1
   member(pMyMember).text = string(pNum)

on mouseUp me
   pNum = pNum + 1
   if pNum > 10 then
     pNum = 1
   end if
   member(pMyMember).text = string(pNum)
end

And drop it on any field or text member.  Keep the value of "pNum" as
a number, and only convert it to a string to display it.

Irv
--
Lingo / Director / Shockwave development for all occasions.

        (Over two millions lines of Lingo code served!)