At 11:58 AM +0530 2/9/2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Sorry for repost.
>
>My task is to adjust the tint of a desired sprite by selecting the shade
>from another sprite. The sprite(image) should not get filled by the color
>we pick, instead, it should adjust the tint of the other sprite according
>to the color we pick.
>
>I used copyPixels() function in the followig script but it does not give
>that tint effect of what we do to graphic symbols in flash

If you just want to temporarily tint the sprite, you don't need to
use imaging lingo -  you can just set its ink (lighten/darken) and
set its fore/back color

If you do need to tint a bitmap member, then you can use copyPixels
with an ink setting:

pImage.copyPixels(pImage,pImage.rect, pImage.rect, [#color:gColorPicked,
#ink: #lighten)

You can use the ink name as a symbol or the ink number

/r
--

     Roy Pardi
Multimedia Developer   +  Lingo Programming Consultant