>All works well, but at the end of the startMovie
>program execution stops, where I want it to go on with playing the just
>created movie.

Your startMovie handler stops when the movie starts, if that makes sense.
You need some mechanism to keep things happening.

If you haven't used puppetSprite, I'm not sure how you're getting the
sprites on stage. That might be a start.

Generally, to use your approach, you want to:
- create dummy sprites in enough channels to cover all your sprite needs
- those sprites commonly go in a certain frame span--I use frames 2-3
- puppet sprites into the channels you need
- in the last frame (in my case, 3), have a handler:
         on exitFrame
            go the frame
         end
- you will need some handlers--I prefer objects--to carry on the action
while you're looping on the frame.

HTH

Cordially,
Kerry Thompson