Salut Jean Louis,

At 14:57 19/02/2001, you wrote:
>Hello list
> Do you know a workaround which would allow the Pc users to enter these
>characters into field or text members?
>Thanks!

Are your fields in a MIAW?
If so I guess your fighting against a 'filed in a miaw feature' that cause some keyUp
events to be ignored. I've just done this test (D8 US/english, Win2k US/english, but
french/french keyboard+layout)
 * create a simple movie, whith just a loop and a editable text field,
 * put this simple behavior on the field :
    on keyUp me
      put the key
      pass
    end
 * save it and open it as a miaw from a blank movie, type in the field... everything'ok
 * do some mouseClics anyWhere on the stage or firectorbackGround, and click on the
field to set the keyBoard focus on it, then type some keys...
 >> only 'standard' keys are taken, the AltGr+8 ('\'), AltGr+0 ('@'), AltGr+$ ('¤') do
 >nothing (note that the behavior change nothing there, and if you want to trace the
 >keyDown event, you'll not find anything more interesting)
 >> when your '@' cannot be written, just do 2 Alt+TAB to switch to the next opened
 >app, and back to Director, and try to write your '@' ... SUCCESS ! Do the same thing,
 >but with a mouseClic on the field before typing... quite boring no?

I don't remeber any easy workaround... so the first thing to do is mailing
wish-director ;)

If you're not using the field in a Miaw I don't know from where it comes.

HTH,
Séb