I'd like to offer my congratulations to the list - as of this weekend (last
night, actually), we now have in excess of 3000 members on the list,
presumably all Lingo programmers or other interested parties, from
locations all over the world.

Despite having such a large group, everyone has been VERY good at keeping
the signal-to-noise ratio high - most discussions are technical, there's
little if any bickering, and this means the list is productive and
helpful.  I've seen other lists degenerate into fights and arguments, but
here everyone has been great about keeping discussions on-topic.  It is a
lot of email traffic, but most of it is useful stuff.

As far as the list software itself goes, we will see, however, if we can
move off of Majordomo onto something else.  Unfortunately our offices are
in a rural area, so server management is done by our ISP, meaning switching
lists involves more than us just finding a free weekend to experiment.

I think I'll take this moment to note that this summer Penworks Corporation
will be seeing its 10th anniversary (we incorporated in June of
1991).  Thank you to everyone who's been with us.  We now focus on
multimedia engineering and software architecture (large multimedia system
design), plus custom Xtras, and it's been a lot of fun - this is a great
corner of the industry to be in.

Thanks to all!

- Tab