My apologies - there was something I forgot to mention about the
applicationPath.

This will return the location of the Projector once it is running. If you
are running at design time it will return the location of the Director
application itself.

If your PDF file is in the same place as your Director project, use the
moviePath instead of the applicationPath. Note that the moviePath will be
empty until you save the project.

Additionally, if you are coding specifically for the PC, ignore the stuff I
said about Mac and PC file delimiters.

How big is your .dir file? If you want you can send me a copy and I'll have
a proper look for you.

LePhuronn