I am having problems dealing with carriage returns when I use "get pref" to
access an external text file.

I have run across this movie script which I am told will pull the hard
returns:

on CRLF2CR source
  set dest to ""

  repeat while true
    set theOffset to offset(numToChar(13), source) -- changed from
numToChar(10)
    if NOT theOffset then exit repeat
    put char 1 to (theOffset - 1) of source after dest
    delete char 1 to theOffset of source
  end repeat

  put source after dest

  return dest
end CRLF2CR

I understand movie scripts as a concept, however I am quite new to lingo and
have a hard time understanding how to apply this each time I access my
external file.

I would really appreciate any advice that someone might have!!  Deadline is
near!! (As usual...)

Brett Wacha
Interactive Designer
MAI Interactive