<snip>
I am assuming you are having problems with Windows boxes.

I think the prevailing wisdom here is to ask these users to use 'waveOut'
for the sound out device, rather than the default 'DirectX' (Control
Panels->QuickTime).

> Hello List,
>
> We've begun limited distribution on a recent CD-ROM project that
> contains many quicktime movies. The movies play fine on most
> computers, even lower end models. But occasionally we've had
> users tell us that the verbal audio in the movies is almost
> indiscernible due to the stuttering and skipping even on a higher
> end system. Below is information for the sound track of two of the movies.
<snip>

Hello List,
Thanks to everyone who responded to my post.  The above suggestion corrected the
problem. I also learned some other things along the way. Thanks again for all your
help!!!

G. Fritzinger