My replies still don't seem to get through so I'll send a fresh email...

At 09:11 AM 3/29/2001 +0530, you wrote:

>This has happened often with me. So after checking for a netError, I also
>check that the netTextResult is not EMPTY or VOID. To make sure that the
>web page is not pulled out from the cache, you can append a question mark
>to the end of the address.
>e.g. getNetText("www.myserver.com/search.cgi" & "?")
>
>Regards,
>Pranav

so is this right?

   if netID = VOID then
     netID = postNetText(getURL & "courses.asp" & "?",[])
   end if
end

on exitFrame me
   if netID <> VOID then
     if netDone(netID) then
       if netError(netID) = "OK" then
         member("course_ID").text = netTextResult(netID)
         set the text of field "courseList" = netTextResult(netID)
         netID = VOID
       else
         alert("There was an error" && getNetErrorCodes(netError(netID)))
         netID = VOID
       end if
     end if
   end if