At 10:27 05.04.01, you wrote:
> > i could be confused. before the timeout objects i used to use a custom
> > object that did the same think, and i know we could do it in ours.
> > should be easy enough to test though...
>
>I already tested it a while ago, and you know what does get passed? The name
>of the timeOut itself. Odd, isn't it?

Yes exactly! I coundln't work that out either...  well I do sort of
understand what'S going on

The wierd thing is, I had already tried tagging the parameters on at the
end (the obvious solution) and in a 'movie' script that works for the FIRST
parameter! But I wanted to pass 2 parameters and hey-ho waddaya know, guess
what was the second parameter - yep the timout name. Soon as you try
passing to an object though, I guess because the objekt reference itself
gets passed too, my one parameter slot was missing.

I think being able to send ONE parameter to a movie script handler is a
loophole?

Otherwise I guess I'll just have to make do with writing specific timeout
handlers. The idea of the timeout wrapper is more or less what I'm doing
know, but the entire 'state management' functionality is encapsulated in
the object itself where the timeout handler resides.... which is why I
wanted to pass the paremeters. I'd rather not introduce yet another level
of abstraction! After all, what I've got now works... and you know what
they say about things that aren't broke! :-)

Thanks for the suggestions anyway,

Rich