> if i want a user to be able to make notes while a
> movie is running do i use a text field? i tried
> putting a field on the stage but it won't let me type
> into it.

welll.... have you made it EDITABLE?

hmmm...

> also if i want to check for certain words in that text
> then say go to a marker how would i do this?

is there a button that makes this happen? if so then you may want to look at
the CONTAINS keyword in the manual. you know, like

  if xxx contains yyy then doWhatever

where xxx is a variable containing the contents of your text field, and yyy
is a variable containing what you want to match against.

que pasa?

Al Hospers
CamberSoft, Inc.
al<at>cambersoft<dot>com