Here is another way lingo.ini can be used:

My main movie, while being developed, keeps changing its name, as I like to
keep older versions around. So in the morning I may be working on
reference34.dir, and by lunchtime, my current version is reference36.dir.
To avoid building a projector for each test, I use a stub projector. And to
tell the stub projector which movie to start, I use LINGO.INI. (I set a
global variable to the name of my current version, and on the on startMovie
handler in the stub projector, I have a "go to movie gCurrMovie".) Changing
the filename in the INI file is quick and painless, and I hope lingo.ini
will stay around for this type of uses!

S.