Good day/night, developers.

Sorry for such a kind of question in this list, however it is directly
connected with Lingo and any Director project.
The question is: what tools/methods/techniques do you, the experienced
ones, use to plan your projects, especially your scripts? The answer 'paper
and pencil' is not sufficient, because I need to know some more for
implementing any Lingo project.

I've just started to make myself familiar with OOP in Lingo and have been
working over a Director project, but now I've stumbled with inability to
plan it properly. I can't get the overall view of my application and I'm
afraid that if I keep on without planning and organizing my staff, I'll
lose track on the projects' code and won't be able to use it later in other
projects.

Some time ago I obtained a Universal Modelling Language 1.2 specification
(from Visio CD), which I looked through and decided it was too difficult to
learn (and not needed as for I'm not a software developer). From the
specification and the Visio documentation I got the idea that UML and some
other techniques let developers have different views of the project, but
I'd like to have 'real world' examples. I don't have programming
background, so I have no idea what to do.

I can't describe the interaction between movie scripts, frame scripts,
objects, sprites, cast members, occuring in time. I have it in my mind, but
not as a whole picture. What is the way out? Share your experience, please.

Slava