> Nick, I did some tests with buddyapi xtra a few months ago and the printfile
> command.  My question with that is does the end user need to have acrobat to
> be able to print the pdf, or is buddyapi smart enough to print without
> acrobat being installed?

Hi John,

Acrobat must be installed on the user's computer. Buddy is smart enough to know
that files with the ".pdf" extension should be printed with acrobat. If acrobat
is not installed, there is no application or file type for the PDF extension &
nothing will print.

We always check for acrobat at the start of the projectors using:
        if baFindApp("pdf") = EMPTY then
we always give the user the opportunity to install acrobat (an installer is on
the cd-rom). If they don't choose to install Acrobat Reader and nothing prints,
well then that is their own fault (and I don't want to hear it) :-)

The best thing about the baPrintFile is that it will determine if there is an
application associated with this particular file extension and print using that
application. We have used to print PDFs as well as MS Word Documents & MS Excel
Spreadsheets -- with only minor changes to the code.

let me know if you have further questions.

Nick Youmans
FutureMedia