I've come with a way to do this now, If anyone would like to know just let
me know and I will post the code as soon as I finish it...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of John Horn (Home)
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 1:28 PM
To: Lingo Group
Subject: <lingo-l> Repost:text/field line locations

no one responded to this, so I wasn't sure if it really went threw or not,
so I appologize if you have already seen this

ok, here is one that I have been messin with for about an hour now.  I am
trying to get the location of a specific line within a text/field sprite.

Here is what I am doing: I am creating a blank text field, and then
populating it from a database, depending on the current screen.  I have
images positioned throughout the text depending on the different screens.  I
simply use 5 blank lines with in the text to alow for the image to fit in.
I need the image to be placed within that space.  Oh, and the whole thing
has to scroll (which is no big deal if I can get the images placed).

onething I've tried:

linePosToLocV() - problem word wrap is turned on, so it counts a line
differently than the member does

Thanks for any help
John