>So, my question is, does this type of functionality even seem possible
>with Lingo?

I don't see anything there that can't be done in Lingo. It's a bit of a
project, but many of us have done much more complex things.

>please consider offering suggestions as to the basic logic or way to break
>this down into manageable sections

I would definitely use Lingo's OOP capabilities. Irv Kalb is one of our
resident OOP gurus, and I know he's written some articles on OOP
programming. If you ask him nicely, he'd probably give you a couple of
URLs. (Heck, you don't even have to ask nicely--like most of us, Irv
responds well to abuse. It's why we're programmers ;-)

"Lingo Sorcery" is a pretty decent book on OOP programming, too. You might
want to take a look at it.

As far as your data structures, I would definitely use lists, both linear
and property. Don't overlook the fact that a list item can itself be a
list. Plus, you can make it an object property and wrap it in some nice
neat methods so it manages itself.

Good luck, and don't hesitate to come back when you have more specific
questions.