Colby Dodson  kindly wrote:
>I have a movie that I am using a Buddy API to print a pdf file. I am
>going to convert it to a dcr file and stream it on the internet. Does
>anyone know if I can make that xtra work with the dcr file while
>streaming?

I sure hope not. The BuddyAPI is one of the most UNSAFE xtras on the
planet. If you could use it in SW it would be very easy to make a malicious
Shockwave movie that deleted an essential system file on the playback
machine, or try to scoop your private information and send it back to some
server.

Some functions in BuddyAPI are no problem, but the Xtra as a whole is
definately never going to make its premiere in SW. Try the PDF xtra if you
need to print pdf's from within SW.

On a related subject: our OSControl Xtra (version 1.1 released yesterday)
is now marked SW safe. Examples can be seen here

http://www.peghole.com/xtras/osc_xtra/examples/

mare

The OSControl Xtra
This sprite Xtra draws various UI-controls like push buttons, bevel
buttons, checkboxes, scrollbars and now also popup menus/dropdown lists in
the OS appearance on both Macintosh and Windows. Works in Shockwave too!
More info: <http://www.peghole.com/xtras>