> I am looking for a code that will allow my movie to stretch to fill the
> desktop area regardless of the user's screen resolution.

Try:

on prepareMovie
    tRect = (the deskTopRectList)[1]
    (the stage).rect = tRect
    (the stage).drawRect = tRect
end

Maximises the stages rect in the first monitor found in your system's
Display Properties. I've never  used this myself, but I understand that
#text sprites don't respond well to drawRect changes.

HTH,
-Sean.