At 15:25 5/4/2001, you wrote:
>there is a behavior in the library window which converts a textfield
>into a dropdown list.
>
>in the propertys i set the "contens of list" to "current content of
>field" and the "purpose of list" to "execute".

You could set the "purpose of list" to "Select: return the selected item
when called" and add a separate behavior that extracts the selection and
acts on it:

on mouseUp me
   selectedText = sendSprite(me.spriteNum,#DropList_Selection).text
   case selectedText of
     "Hello World": wakeUp
     "Good Morning": makeCoffee
   end case
end

More info is in the comments in the behavior.

--
Mark A. Boyd
Keep-On-Learnin' :)