>I'm developing a game in shochwave, and i'm having a very strange error.  I've
>started to receive this error message "Internal error. Unexpected failure
>while compositing bitmap member 105 of PLAYER-CAST 1."

The most common problem when you go from local to online is trying to do
something with an asset that's not yet downloaded. It sounds like that's
your problem.

Remember, Shockwave is streamed--that means it starts playing before it's
completely downloaded, unless you specify otherwise. One way is from the
menu, Modify > Movie > Properties. To stop the movie from streaming,
deselect "Play While Downloading." Or, you can make the movie wait for all
media elements for a certain frame to load by entering the frame number in
"Download x Frames Before Playing."

Sometimes when you're manipulating cast members with Lingo, though,
Director doesn't know what cast members you need for a certain frame. I
sometimes use a technique where I create a dummy cast with one really small
cast member--a 1-bit bitmap or a single character of text. Make that your
last cast, then in your first frame, put this script:

on exitFrame
   if member("dummy").mediaReady <> TRUE then
     go the frame
   end if
end

Cordially,