Man, I don't know why I do this, but this week I've been learning php, sql,
the new MU and 3d stuff...so I spread myself thin....or I 'chunk learn'.

Anyway, with php there's a way to post a file (user chosen) to a page, and
have the php page that's posted either store the file on the server or use
SQL's BLOB feature to actually add it to a db if needed...

Now it seems built to take a jpg and send it upstream -- but of course any
image get/send is just transferring to binary data ie Star Trek transporter
- but could one just take a castmember.picture and post that as an image? Or
would you have to create a file first in order to send it upstream? Just
seems like you wouldn't have to....

Unless you needed to create the necessary header info for the jpg/pct/bmp,
whatever....

But how does director/shockwave define a cast member picture? Is there a
default internal storage mechanism based on some image filetype? I'm
guessing it's jpg, yes?