> off the top of my pitifully hairless head,
>
> sprite() references something in a channel, so putting the member info in
> the () doesn't mean anything. you need to
>
>  set the keyboardFocusSprite =
> sprite(numberOfTheChannelContainingYourField)

This is fine until a sprite is moved to a different channel, maybe not too
much of a problem for one field but suppose there are several fields.
Is it not possible to check the location of the cursor? If not then it would
be best to put all the editable fields in adjacent channels and increment
the number from the first known one. Does that make sense??