Is there a way to change the color of a palette by palette index?  In other
words, I want to have a map of the 50 states.  Each state has its own color
& palette index (even though they will all have the same RGB values)  So, I
would want to click on a state, determine it's palette index, and then
change the color within the palette (say its index is 20, I would want to
change the color in the index position 20 to red from green)

Does this make sense?  I can't seem to control colors within a palette using
lingo!

Thanks!

Cory