I'm pretty sure that there is a different version of Popup Xtra for
Director 8.  Have you checked with updateStage
(http://www.updatestage.com/) ?

--

...---===|  Terry R. Schussler  |===---...
...---===|  Chief Investigator  |===---...

on visitWebsite yourSelection
 coolSites = [ \
   #advancedSeminars : "http://www.macromediaSEMINARS.com/";, \
   #directorUniversity: "http://www.directorU.com";, \