> Is there anyway to do it for the FIRST useage only? We just
> want to know
> if people are suing these things AT ALL.

if you don't care about the stealth aspect then you can use the form:

 on sendmail yourAddress, yourSubject, yourMessage
  addressString = yourAddress
  subjectString = yourSubject
  messageString = yourMessage
  gotonetpage "mailto:"&; addressString &"?subject=" & subjectString &
"&body=" & messageString
 end

you would use it as follows:

 yourAddress = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
 yourSubject = "test message"
 yourMessage = "this is an email message to ed"

 sendmail yourAddress, yourSubject, yourMessage

that should do the job. it will, as I said, pop up the email window and
browser window.

as far as the first time only, look for a file on the user's machine using
getPref(). if it exists then do nothing, if not then call the sendMail
handler. when you are done then write the file using setPref()

HTH

Al Hospers
CamberSoft, Inc.
al<at>cambersoft<dot>com