Hi Slava

I could almost say RTFM but I won't. But if you do read the manual or the
online help you would find:

new(type, member whichCastmember of castLib whichCast)

example:

l_MbrRef_UserFile = new( #Text, member 3 of castLib "Storage" )

if you use new without a member reference then I believe

l_MbrRef_UserFile = new( #Text, castlib "Storage" )

should find the first available castmember in the castlib named "Storage"

If you need to recover the file, then if you use a specific naming
convention you can retrieve the castmember by repeating until a member is
not found by searching on a specific string concatentated with an integer.

l_MbrExists = the number of member("test" & i, castLib "Storage" ).number

or something like that where i is incremented and l_MbrExists > 0 will mean
the member exists.

DOes that help

Sincerely

Mark R. Jonkman