Thanks for all the quick and helpful responds to my post.
It turns out, despite client  assurances that all their systems were
P3 500Mhz, that there were even some P2 150Mhz systems  in the
installed base. This caused skipping and clipped sound on the test
CDs.

But its good to know that we were on track for the machines we
originally thought we were targeting. We are redesigning the disks to
use either 640x480 or 320x240 QT movies, based on the system.

Thanks again,
Mark Scott