Hi Tab

I believe he was referring to a "swiff" file or more appropriately a "swf"
file - Flash movie.  The answer to his question (at least as far as up to
flash 4 is concerned) is that you cannot target a movie clip within a swf
file directly.  the method that can work in such a case is to have the main
movie clip monitor a particular variable that has changed (in value - via
the setVariable interface). The main movie clip or more appropriately the
main timeline of flash would then respond appropriately to alter the
"targetted" movie clip. While this is a rather convoluted process, I don't
know of a better method (unless the Flash 5 asset xtra allows targetting at
a deeper level). Not sure if this answers the original poster's question or
not). I won't guarantee that this url is still valid, but a project I was
experimenting with several years ago can be found at:
http://www3.symaptico.ca/mjonkman There should be a link somewhere to view a
CBT on Avian Radiology, follow the link and navigate through the simple
movie to the last portion
Radiographic Anatomy -> Blue Fronted Amazon Parrot ->Skull Lateral X then
alter the transparency settings, there are two movie clips the radiograph
and the lines that outline various structures. Setvariable is used to alter
the transparency of these clips to give the effect of transparency.

Does that help?

Sincerely

Mark R. Jonkman