>How can I set the users monitor resolution to a set size that I want ?

You gotta have an Xtra. Buddy is my favorite, and it's free on the Mac, and
free on Windows if you only use 2 functions. If you need more, I can post
my serial number <--JUST JOKING!!

I saw your later posts--I'm not quite sure why you want to do this without
Xtras. They're part of Director programming, and every user, intermediate
and above, uses them. In fact, just about everybody uses them, whether they
realize it or not. There is a minimum set of Xtras for things like text,
networking stuff, images, and the like, and they are included by default in
just about every Director movie.

If it's a cost thing, there are some free Xtras. If it's a Shockwave issue,
I don't believe Buddy is Shockwave safe, but some of the others that were
mentioned are.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson