>I wouldn't think so.  If you then change pDotSprite.member.image,
>hiliteImage is not changed (afaik),
>  so images are not passed by reference like lists- at least when you
> specify then as a member image.

Wow--we found something we can disagree on :-)

Check this out:
-- Welcome to Director --
stageImage = (the stage).image
stageImageDup = (the stage).image.duplicate()
put stageImage
-- <image:481a30>
put (the stage).image
-- <image:481a30>
put stageImageDup
-- <image:4f4c0c>

stageImage.fill(rect(0, 0, 100, 100), rgb(0, 255, 0))

You get a green square on stage.

Now I'm going to try it with a cast member. Back in a minute.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson