1) I seem to recall some situations where the alert hook WOULDN'T kick in -
so it won't save your butt all the time.

2) The fact that you have some bug at all, whether or not the message is
suppressed, is still a problem.

3) Depending on the bug, you might suppress the message, and then you might
hang 2 seconds later anyway.

4) You better hope you DON'T have a mass of data, because if you have that
many bugs you shouldn't be shipping!