Well. I do not really see the difference.

Right now there are a lot of lingo commands, which are given by Xtras,
without the general public ven noticing.
GoToNetPage (INETURL?)
quickTimeVersion() (QT)
.
.
.
etc.

A finely crafted xtra, which gives it's user direct access to the Xtra:s
functions without having to instantiate etc. is as good as lingo.

Pekka