Here's an overall approach.  Whenever you want to draw, and you know
the start and enddates, do a sendAllSprites like this:

        sendAllSprites(#ShowIfInRange, startdate, endDate)

And in the behavior attached to all these sprites, have a handler like this

property myRedBoxDate
property spriteNum

on ShowIfInRange, me, startDate, endDate
   if (startDate < myRedBoxDate) and (myRedBoxDate < endDate) then
       -- in the range, do whatever you want to show it
       sprite(spriteNum).blend = 60
   else
       -- not in the range, do whatever you want to not show it
       sprite(spriteNum).blend = 0
   end if
end

--

Lingo / Director / Shockwave development for all occasions.

   (Home-made Lingo cooked up fresh every day just for you.)