This is one of those classic situations of Director encouraging one
to do bad OO design by thinking of the interface first and then
working backwards. I don't know what else you need to do but I'd be
happier having a year object that deals with all of the days and the
sprites that represent them (no behaviors unless I needed to know if
a sprite had been clicked in which case I'd add the behavoirs
dynamically and have the year object as their ancestor (or at least
have a reference to it). This year  object would receive one event
and check all the days in a repeat loop.

Richard