flushInputEvents was a nice addition to D8, and works perfectly on the Mac.
In my experience, windows can still buffer clicks, even using flushInputEvents.

however you filter out clicks, by  covering up the buttons with an
invisible shape, by changing the mousedownscript, or any other way, it
can help to make sure you loop through 5 or so frames before you restore
mousedown functionality.

by the way, i don't think you're doing the mouseUpScript stuff correctly.
don't set it to a command,  set it to a custom hander
the mousedownscript = "stopTheMadness"

on stopTheMadness
  stopEvent
end

that kind of thing.

--bh

Richard Tribe wrote:

> As well as the excellent  flushInputEvents()
> you might want to consider checking whether an exe is already running before
> launching it as this is the actual thing you want to avoid.
>
> I forget the syntax but there is stuff in Buddy that can do this. Check
> under Windows.
> --
> Richard Tribe, BBC Interactive dept.

R. Bhakti Klein
Educational Software R & D
http://www.DLWorkshop.net
Baritone
"On Earth, you can only do little things;
but you can do them with a lot of Love."
                              -- Mother Theresa