From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Al Hospers
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 4:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: <lingo-l> pauses in queued sounds?

> - Is there a way to get the 32 sounds to play with a pause
> (in time) in
> between each sound?

add a sound with empty space in it between each item in the queue

 -- WARNING UNTESTED

repeat with f = 1 to 32
    sound(4).queue([#member: member( f, "sounds")])
    sound(4).queue([#member: member( "1_sec_space", "sounds")])
end repeat
sound(4).play()

if you have a sound member with 1 second of blank space in it, this should
put that between each item in the queue you are constructing.

> - Can I control the size of the pause between the sounds?
> (For example, if
> the 32 sounds are the letters of the ABC, and I want to give the user
> control on how fast the letters will be read).

have different size space sound members that you use based on the users'
choice.
 i.e "1_sec_space", "500_msec_space", "2_sec_space", etc.

hth

Al Hospers
CamberSoft, Inc.
al<at>cambersoft<dot>com