Oops...
It ain't quite solved yet.
It seems the whole thing is being passed as a string, not an array.
When i get the array from flash in director, it looks OK, but it doesn't
quite work.
Is it even possible?

I initialize the array in flash with four values, to make sure.
When I do a getVariable, I get the following:

put getVariable (sprite(8),"resultArray")
-- "one,two,three,four" -> these are all strings (for clarity's sake)

When I play the flash member in director, it displays the values in the
array.

When I change them with setVariable, I get the following :

setVariable (sprite(8),"resultArray","three,two,one,zero")
put getVariable (sprite(8),"resultArray")
-- "three,two,one,zero"

Though the output appears to be identical,
when I play it, it won't display the values.

I've set a getURL in flash with the "lingo:" thing that sends the value of
the array in flash to the "put" command so it displays in the message
window.

This is the output :

sprite(8).play()
-- <Void> <Void> <Void> <Void>

Why ain't this working???
PS : When I pass more elements, the number of <Void> 's increases to a
match.
So apparently flash knows it's supposed to be an array - but still it
doesn't work.
Does anyone have experience with this???
Please please help.

TIA.

Chris.