There's not a lot I can do for you.  If you have figured out which
castmember is bad, replace it with a good one and delete the old one.

You can still use that castmember type, just that particular one is no
good.  Delete it from the cast, save the cast, then put in a new one.

If it's in the score, then put in a new one, transfer the score usage over
to the new one (using the exchange feature).  Save the movie.  Reopen - it
should still complain about being out of memory.  Delete the old one and
resave.  Now, when you open (you will need to be restarting Director in
here each time too), it should be okay.

- Tab