> Is there an xtra for director 8.0 that can read the language
> settings of
> your computer. (Not the keyboard-language-settings!!!) If
> possible for both
> platforms and on all window OS systems.

Hi Tom,

I don't know about the Mac, but a little creative searching in the
Windows system registry should reveal what you need. Then using an
Xtra like MasterApp to read the value of that key at runtime & do the
appropriate thing would likely yield the results you are looking for.
There is an excellent description of the registry & how to use it
here:

http://www.updatestage.com/xtras/doc/masterapp/mappusr.htm#windowsRegi
stry

MasterApp gives you broad control over other applications from your
Director presentation. The most common application for MasterApp is
building connectivity between your Director piece and various Web
browsers and Web pages. However, MasterApp is much more powerful than
this basic use, including dozens of methods for launching, monitoring
and controlling external applications.

Price: $299.00
Platforms: 32-bit Windows, Win 3.1, Mac
Director versions supported: Director 4,5,6,7,8
Author: Glenn Picher

MasterApp is a commercial Xtra sold by UpdateStage. You find out more
information, download an evaluation version or purchase the Xtra here:

 http://www.updatestage.com/xtras/xtrahome.html

I hope that this information is useful.

Cheers,

Al Hospers