This is a good one--a bug in Director? This is D8.5, Mac, with an embedded
swf (Flash 5, published as Flash 4).

Apparently, the Director-Flash interface is corrupting a list in Director.
Here's the code:

pActivityTextList = value(field "Activity Text") --contains text in a
property list form
languageList = pActivityTextList[gLanguage] -- sublist containing Spanish
NPedition = languageList.headerInfo.newspaperName
setVariable(pStageSWF, "fvNPedition", NPedition)

Here's the problem. Before I call setVariable, the headerinfo sublist
contains this:

  #headerInfo: [#edition: "Volumen 1, Número 1", #date: "15 de mayo, 1823",
#newspaperName: "Crónicas Manzaneras"]

After I call setVariable, it contains this:

  #headerInfo: [#edition: "Volumen 1, Número 1", #date: "15 de mayo, 1823",
#newspaperName: "CrÛnicas Manzaneras"]

Notice that Crónicas changes to CrÛnicas. If that doesn't come through
e-mail, it's changing the accented "o" (with the ´ accent)  to a "U" with
the "^" accent.

And it's doing it *in Director*!! It's changing the value of the Director
list--it's displaying the correct Spanish characters in the Flash movie,
though.

When I do the same thing on Windows, it maps the wrong character in Flash,
but doesn't corrupt the Director list.

We've tried publishing the Flash movie as Flash 5--no change.

Any ideas?

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson