From: Roy C. Crisman

It's not a stupid question.

You're talking about  imaging lingo.  There's plenty of 'how to' places to show
how this is done, start with the lingo dictionary and look up "image", or check
the index for Bitmaps and Bitmaps/Image objects.

member("screenshot").image = (the stage).image

will give you a screen shot at total resolution in member "screenshot", assuming
this member exists.  Then you can either use imaging lingo to modify the
resolution of that member, or just put that member on screen and let director
handle the scaling of it.

Welcome to the world of Imaging Lingo.

roymeo

   This is probably a really stupid question, but does anyone know of an xtra
   or function which can do a screen capture and then manipulate the result?
   I'm creating an editable presentation, and would like to create a navigation
   screen featuring "thumbnail" images of each segment in the presentation, the
   content of those segments having been created by the end user instead of me,
   hence the need to do it on the fly and not previously. I've seen COM objects
   that could do similar things, but I wonder if it can be done in Dir?

   thanks,

   dave