I agree with Karina, that "you have to walk before you can run".
Once you start to get the hang of simple Lingo, then I would strongly
suggest my online LOOPE (Lingo Object Oriented Environment) book.
It still is available (and still unfinished) at
http://www.furrypants.com/loope  although I just got a notice from my
ISP (internet service provider) that they are going out of business
at the end of next month.  Oh joy!

Irv

--

Lingo / Director / Shockwave development for all occasions.

   (Home-made Lingo cooked up fresh every day just for you.)