Hello,

I am using the FileXtra3 command fx_folderCreate to create
a folder across a network.  When I do, I get an error -17,
which is a simple "Folder Creation Failure."  Not very descriptive.

I have permissions for that server, and have no problems
creating folders locally. I can copy from that folder if
it exists, haven't tried copying to that folder, though.

The folder directortest already exists on server, but I can't
make a folder called test. According to the docs, it will make
as many folders as it needs to down to the last folder name.

Here's my code:

on createNetworkFolder
  set fxObj = 0
  set fxObj = new(xtra "FileXtra3")
  set tFolder = "\\server\directortest\test"
  set fCreate = fx_FolderCreate(fxObj, tFolder)
  set fxError = fx_errorNumber(fxObj)
  case fxError of
    0:
      set fxObj = 0
      return TRUE
    -17:
      alert "Network Folder Creation Status:" && fxError && ":" &&
fx_ErrorString(fxObj)
      set fxObj = 0
      return FALSE
    otherwise
      alert "Network Folder Creation Status:" && fxError && ":" &&
fx_ErrorString(fxObj)
      set fxObj = 0
      exit
  end case
end

Does anyone know why I would get an error -17?

TIA,
Steven Sacks