Hi List,
'm creating a geography selection screen and there are 5 different geography hierarchy
levels (NATIONAL (which is the highest level), ZONE (there are 15 zones, so ZONE.V12
has 15 records), REGION (there are 24 regions, so REGION.V12 has 24 records), MARKET
(there are 118 markets, MARKET.V12 has 118 records) and ACCOUNT (there are 1500+
accounts, ACCOUNT.V12 has 1500+ records).   I'm displaying two fields in a director
movie.  I'm populating the field on the left with one of four V12DBE files, based on
the geography hierarchy level. The field on the right displays the geographies
selected by the user. There are also spinner buttons which allow the user to drill up
or down to the next geography hierarchy level.  Here's an example: National includes
all geographies, so we'll start at the ZONE level.  Say the user selects the EAST ZONE
and then clicks on the drill-down spinner button,  what needs to happen is, the field
on the right needs to display all the REGIONS (which is the n!
ext level down) within the EAST ZONE. so the field should then display New York
Region, New England Region, Mid-Atlantic Region and Great Lakes Region. If the user
clicks on the drill down button again, the field on the right should then display all
the MARKETS (which is the next level down) with those 4 REGIONS. There are 7 MARKETS
within those 4 REGIONS.  The V12 DBE files are designed with 2 fields to help in this
process.  There is a GEOKEY field (which  is a unique identifier) and a PARENT01
field.  The GEOKEY record for EAST ZONE is 2, the PARENT01 record for EAST ZONE is 1,
because the only level higher than ZONE is NATIONAL which includes all geographies.
All the REGIONS which belong to the EAST ZONE have a PARENT01 record of 2. So when the
drill-down button is click, I need to repeat through all the REGION.v12 records to
find all with PARENT01 of 2 and put those REGIONS into the field on the right, and so
on etc. I'm not quite sure where to start.  Should  I have 4 di!
fferent V12 files or should there be 4 TABLES within 1 V12D!
BE file
repeat loop which searches the PARENT01 records look like?

Thanks very much for any help,
g fritzinger