> i am using buddyApi's baXCopy function to copy a directory
> form a CD to the
> users hard drive... problem is, i need some form of progress bar as
at
> present the system looks like it is locked up until the
> copying is complete
> and knowing from what i do when it looks like the computer is
> locked up, i
> need to make it look like it's doing something.

hi riki,

While Buddy's baXCopy function certainly will perform the function
admirably, users will not be happy with a static message while the
computer hangs there & grinds away and most likely neither will your
client! They certainly expect at a minimum the standard display of a
bar indicating how the copy is proceeding.

May I suggest the ProgessCopy Xtra from UpdateStage? The ProgressCopy
Xtra copies files with an optional progress bar display. The progress
display can include a custom text message, and provides the user with
a Cancel button.

You can get more information, read the on-line documentation, download
a fully functional demo version or purchase the Xtra here:

  http://www.updatestage.com/xtras/progresscopy.html

Platforms: 32-bit Windows, Win 3.1, Mac
Director versions supported: 5,6,7,8,8.5 Authorware 3.5 and up
Author: Glenn Picher

Hope that this is of use,

Al Hospers
Marketing Associate