>i actually did :
>if FlagSPGL = false then
>setVariable(sprite 1,"OwnSPGL","x")
>
>but it still doesn't work... :(

We've had some interesting experiences with setVariable--I don't know if
this is relevant.

Our Flash movie has a photo album that opens and closes. There's a variable
we display on the cover--if we're in English, we display "My album." In
Spanish, "Mi Álbum."

If we pass the Spanish version while the album is closed--i.e., the cover
is showing--it displays fine. If we set the variable while the album is
open, and the cover isn't showing, Flash corrupts the variable. When the
album closes, it says "Mi ‡lbum".

So there seems to be some relationship, at least in high Ansi characters,
between being visible at the time it is set or not.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson