Have you taken a look at Buddy API function list? It has some built-in
functions that seem similar to what you are looking for...

Morgan-

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Robert Wingate
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 3:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: <lingo-l> physical path to "My Documents" folder for the logon
user in Windows 2000

> is there a way to find out the paht to the "my documents" folder
> for the current logon user?

Well, you'd need the logon user's name, which you may be able to find
with the following:

strCurUser = baReadRegString(
"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer", "Logon User Name",
"error", "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" )

So that would put the 'My Documents' folder at something like:

strDir = "C:\Documents and Settings\" & strCurUser & "\My Documents\"

No guarantees that this is the best place to find strCurUser though.
There may be a more reliable place, but I haven't found it. You get the
idea.

HTH
Rob

* Rob Wingate, Software Human    *